Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Striped Socks and *gasp* Crocheted Afghan

Two Additional WIPs:

In the foreground we have my randomly striped toe-up knee high sock. Loosely based on Streets and YOs pattern for knee high socks, I calculated the foot from Knitty's Universal Toe Up Sock Formula, then used leg circumferences to calculate the increases. The socks are currently stalled as they have become to bulky for a good knit on the go, I can start the lone sock's mate until I finish the first due to lack of needles, and all at home yarn craft is confined to the piece seen in the background... My sister's afghan. I am crocheting the Flower Garden Afghan as a wedding present, and my deadline is March 31st, ways to quickly approaching. However, I am about 2/3 done, and mostly rolling along, so I may be in the clear on getting it done on time. I must say though I am looking much more forward to knitting for her once she gets pregnant (she is planning on having kids), baby clothes are much quicker, and absolutely adorable.

No comments: