Saturday, December 1, 2007

WIPS

I have two main WIPs at the moment. The first is the shawl I designed for my grandmother, made from colourmart silk. I am mostly done with it at this point, but I am also completely sick of working on it too. A few inches more and I will be done, so I am planning on sitting and getting some done within the next few days. Today my plan is to go down to 4th street and visit the cats I have been reading about on the Home at Last website, and go to the welding store to get welding rods to make into blocking wires. Up to this point I have bee justifying my avoidance of the shawl by telling myself I couldn't really finish it without blocking wires anyway, so no need to hurry. I am going to do a preliminary blocking to see how much length I really have after the stretching and such. I have a second shawl of the same silk in a different color that is destined for a shawl for my sister, but I still dont know about a pattern for that, and am a little sick of the silk as well, so I am ignoring it for now.

My second WIP at the moment is a pure indulgence - I have started a twirly scarf from the Silk Cloud I picked up on Wednesday. I love the yarn, I love the feel of it, and I love how it looks. I was worried about having enough yarn to crochet rather than knit the scarf, but it looks like I will be fine.

No comments: